Whether you’re getting ready for the big game or looking for a warm appetizer for your next dinner party, nothing compares to the classic warm spinach dip! Three types of cheese come together to create this ultimately creamy dip, and steaming your own spinach adds that extra freshness you just can’t recreate using frozen spinach. This dip is also a great way to get the most out of a Combination Convection Steam Oven!
To make this dip for yourself, you’ll need the following:
- 10oz Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 250g Plain Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Chopped Parsley to Garnish
- Baking Sheet Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Silicone Spatula
- Small Casserole Dish
- Begin by spreading your spinach out on a baking sheet and steaming until wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the oven and change the oven to convection bake at 400F.
- Rough chop the spinach to ensure there are no whole spinach leaves and mince the garlic.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped spinach, minced garlic, softened cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix thoroughly with a spatula before putting the mix into a casserole dish and use the spatula to push the mix into the corners and flatten the top.
- Top the dip with the remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the dip is bubbly and the mozzarella starts turning a golden brown colour, carefully remove it from the oven and allow it to cool on the counter for 5 minutes.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley and serve!
Short on time? You can prepare the spinach dip the day before you need it and keep it in your fridge covered with plastic wrap. Then when you need it, simply remove the plastic wrap and bake!
You can serve this dip with your favourite crackers or chips, however, we served ours with homemade garlic sourdough crostinis.
If you want to make your own crostinis to go with this dip, you’ll need:
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350F.
- Slicing the sourdough bread into 1/2” thick slices, then cut each slice into 3-4 pieces to make them more bite-sized.
- Lay out the sourdough pieces on baking sheet pans and use a pastry brush to brush both sides of the bread with garlic-infused oil.
- Lightly season with salt before baking in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the bread starts turning golden brown and crispy on the edges.
- Once the crostinis are baked, remove them from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes. These are best served still warm!
Make sure to check out our YouTube Page to see us make this and many other delicious recipes!